I write science fiction and fantasy. Here’s where you can find my work:
- Short Story: “Carborundorum > /dev/null,” Fireside Quarterly, July 2018.
- Short Story: “The Unnatural,” Futurescapes Volume 1, And 1st place winner in the first annual Futurescapes Writing Contest.
- Short story: “The Indigo Ace and the High-Low Split,” Mothership Zeta Issue 5. Available for free on Mothership Zeta’s site! Also available for purchase on Amazon, Weightless Books, or directly from Escape Artists Inc.
- Short story: “Seven Things Cadet Blanchard Learned from the Trade Summit Incident,” The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, July/Aug 2014 issue. Available on Amazon.
I also write and present non-fiction on technology, popular culture, and diversity and inclusion. Most of this lives at The Bias, a feminist pop culture blog I co-edit with Natalie Luhrs. You can also find my work elsewhere:
- 2018: Editing: How To Respond To Code of Conduct Reports. Frame Shift Consulting.
- 2017: Sample Slack Code of Conduct.
- 2016: Presentation: An Intro To Web Accessibility In Django, DjangoCon US 2016.
- 2016: Presentation: Defending Yourself and Others From Harassment Online (slides), a talk I’ve given at the DC Techlady Hackathon (2015), the Nebula Awards Conference (annual conference of the Science Fiction Writers of America, 2016), and at the ConFusion Science Fiction conference in Detroit (2017).
- 2015: Essay: Jim C. Hines’s Invisible II: I’m Not Broken.
- 2015: Essay: SF Signal’s Mind Meld: The Intersection SF/F Games and Genre Fiction.
- 2015: Editing and development consulting, The Game-Master’s Apprentice.
- 2012 – 2015: The Geek Feminism Blog.
- 2014: The Geek Feminism Code of Conduct and Community Anti-Harassment Policy, based on Valerie Aurora and Mary Gardiner’s Conference Anti-Harassment Policy.